Monday, February 18, 2013

Polyphasic Sleep Deprivation: Days 2 and 3

Ok, so day 2 morning was pretty rough. Waking up at 7am was pretty hard. Once I was up though, things were not HORRIBLE. I was able to stay pretty focused and really didn't run into drowsiness at all, however headaches were a problem after the sun went down. Day 3: once again seriously hard to wake up from the main night sleep. But getting up and getting to work before traffic was nice. I got to work about an hour and 30 minutes earlier than usual and was able to get a good head start on the day's work. Again focus was not really a problem - interestingly my mood has been pretty good. I'm normally really grumpy when I tired. I think though, it would not take as much to piss me off right now. Anyhow, being 90 minutes earlier to work, I left about 30 minutes before normal so I got a lot more work done than usual and still got out ahead of the traffic jam. I'm still having a little trouble switching off during the afternoon nap. Falling asleep during the night cycle is really quick, but I think my mind is subconsciously staying extra active to keep me from passing out that it's hard to fall asleep in the afternoon cycle. Could also be that I'm just not used to sleeping during the day yet, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment